The purpose of this workshop is to offer an opportunity for experimentalists and theorists to get together and discuss experimental results from the first heavy-ion programme at LHC, lessons learnt from RHIC and theoretical developments. Emphasis will also be given to high pT physics in pA collisions, especially at the LHC energies.
Discussions will cover a large scope of topics : high-pT physics, jets, photons, correlations, hard scattering and hard probes.
The main topics of the workshop are:
- Nuclear modifications of the parton distribution functions.
- High pT jet production in pp, pA and AA.
- High pT parton propagation in matter.
- Nuclear modifications of the fragmentation functions.
- Correlations with leading particles.
- Direct photon and heavy flavour tagging.
The meeting is in a workshop format, with only plenary presentations and ample room for discussion between the presentations. The welcome reception will take place on Tuesday 24th of September evening at the Institut Hotel (from 18 h to 20 h). The workshop will end Saturday 28th of September before lunch.
Registration fee is 150Eur/person (reduced fee 80Eur upon request); this includes the welcome cocktail, lunches and social dinner.
More details at http://lpsc.in2p3.fr/hpt2013
We are looking forward to seeing you in Grenoble.
Rachid Guernane (local organizer)
Kari J. Eskola,
Jan Rak (chairman)